Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Sept 8, 2009......

Had a couple of reminders that I hads a blog.....it gets busy around here! We're taking in a boarder; a NASA intern from Italy named Augusto. He said he used to play the piano years ago, so maybe we'll re-ignite an old inspiration. I sure have enough keyboards around here. Right now I have a baby grand, and spinet, 2 key Yamaha, and 2 smaller keyboards, both touch-sensitive. Each week the students rotate keyboards so no one has the same one every week. There are also 2 ukeleles, a mandolin, a guitar, and an old cornet, just for decoration. We did finally find a home for the rosewood marimba, thanks to craigslist. It went to a guy in Idaho.

Just heard a great quote, "the second dumbest thing I ever did was forgetting the dumbest thing I ever did." Isn't that hilarious???

That has absolutely NOTHING to do with the first paragraph, or music or anything, it just struck me as funny right at this moment.

I'm in the 2nd week of classes and lessons this week, and it's as fun as ever. We'll see how the homework that is to be turned in tomorrow looks. I'll know if they "got it" then. I decided to divide the Moonbeams 3 class into 2 years, due to the young age of the students. This way they'll have half the "normal" work load, which is significant, considering their ages. Some of this stuff I didn't really study until I was in BW Conservatory of Music! They're 7, 8 and 10!!!! Plenty of time to make sure they understand. Anyway, I have my oldest AND my youngest students tomorrow.....a range of many decades! Proves it's never too late to learn!

Off to bed....

Enjoy some great music!

Lori

No comments: