Wednesday, October 07, 2009

October 7, 2009

Wednesday. I've been sad since our dog Malley died Monday morning. He greeted all the students, and terrified others who were afraid of dogs. Still, he was harmless, as they eventually discovered, and he helped them get over their fear of dogs. He spent the first months of his life tied to the piano leg as I taught (before the studio was built) so I could keep an eye on him, and then since he wasn't allowed in the studio so I could have a pet-free environment for those with allergies, sat or lay down at the top of the stairs to it. Better yet, on nice days, he would lay outside the French doors on the deck literally feet away from me, to keep an eye on me, and be the closest he could be to me. He was a great dog, and for 13 yrs was loved much.

I saw this on the internet this morning and thought I'd eat my words about accordions and post this. Incredible player, incredible piece.....sounds like a church organ - but you hold it in your lap! I wish I knew how to embed the picture where you just click on it to play. Sorry. If someone wants to teach me, then I'm all ears!

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.collegehumor.com%2Fvideo%3A1922340&h=9a74f910e1dc4b7e2be4ecbe3c8e0d49

No comments: