Friday, October 21, 2011

Written by Austen Grace Dellinger (see bottom of page)


I see black marks on my sheet
Meaningless to the untrained eye
Do I see scribbles
Or do I see something that could rise above Vivaldi, Handel, Bach?
My music is a battlefield
Pianissimo is the sly, the shrewd
Who looks ahead and debates what to do next
Fortissimo leaps before he looks - Bam!
I unveil my music with each note I play
I find a new meaning, a word to describe
To define the genius
The refinedness of the notes I play
Like poets
Beautiful words roll off their tongues
Like music off my fingers
I look into my music
I feel inspiration, pride, sadness, and mortification
Because my music is a battlefield
This poem was written by a child who is now ten years old. She wrote it when she was NINE!


Read more: http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/11/09/790432/pianists-ode-makes-her-a-published.html#storylink=misearch#ixzzbQz4wSwx

No comments: