Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Good morning all.

The sun was shining the last 4 days in a row, and I was sitting outside in basking in it, while Bella played in the snow, wondering how it could be that there was snow on the ground with only a little grass peeking out and I in my shirtsleeves reading a book! I'm sorry to have neglected you so long.

Composition time is over and it's that familiar accelerando to the recital and summer break beyond. We are completing week 24 of 36, and although I haven't had math for a LONG time, that seems like 2/3 of the way finished! Of course, some of the private students go through the summer, but for the MYC classes, the recital is the end of the year. It is also the Birthday Week for Music for Young Children, which I teach in group classes (www.myc.com/teacher/LScheutzow). They celebrated 30 years this past Sunday, and that is a big deal. What a terrific program it is and now catching on more in the states than its country of origin, Canada. I wish I had known about it when I first started teaching 20+ yrs ago. It's a fine foundation of theory, composition, and keyboard knowledge. Many private students I have seen could have benefited from this foundation in so many ways, not the least of which is knowledge of composition. Anyway, Happy Birthday, MYC, and thank you for a great idea, Frances Balodis.

We're off to the vet this morning for puppy booster shots, so I guess I need to go and do the pet owner's 2nd most favorite chore, getting a stool sample! :-)

Until later,
Bella's staff leader, Lori

No comments: